Young Soloist Competition FIME2016
For the first time in Ecuador, the International Music Festival of Esmeraldas will host a Young Soloist Competition to foster the talent of young artist and recognize their musical qualities. The competition will take place during the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of April 2016
Below are listed the prizes and rules for application to the competition.
An engagement as soloist with the Orquesta Sinfónica de Guayaquil, honorarium, flights and hotel
Concert with Macondo Chamber Players in the 2017 season, honorarium, flights and hotel
Concert as soloist with the FIME2017 orchestra with flights and lodging included
Prize for Best Ecuadorian Artist:
Recital within the FIME2017 concert series, with flights and lodging included
1. The FIME2016 Young Soloists Competition is open to the following instruments: violin, viola, cello, double bass, flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon and French horn.
2. The competition is open to young artists of all nationalities and of ages 18 to 30. The minimum age will be reconsidered in the case of applicants displaying an exceptionally high artistic level.
3. To apply please send an unedited video recording with the required works for each instrument. (Please refer to the repertoire section below).
4. A maximum of 15 soloists will be chosen. Each of the 15 soloists will play a in a live semifinal and final round in Esmeraldas which will take place on the 21st and 22nd of April. Six soloists will advance to the final round on the 23rd of April, which will be open to the public. Winners will be announced on the same day.
5. Those who wish to apply to the competition must also apply to participate in the festival for its entire duration. Applications will not be accepted solely for the competition. Those who wish to apply only to the festival may do so without having to participate in the competition.
6. Each participant must cover their own costs of travel to and from Esmeraldas. Lodging, masterclasses and meals are covered by FIME for its entire duration. All participants must arrive on the 18th of April without exceptions. The departure date will be on Sunday, May 1st after 2:00pm. Those who prefer to leave on Monday, May 2nd must notify the FIME administration.
Please click on the link below to read the complete repertoire list and rules
To apply please fill in the required fields of the form below. The deadline for applications is on February 7. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.